Please mark all items of clothing and footwear clearly with your child’s name.
School uniform is required from Reception to Year 6. It consists of the following:
- red sweatshirt with school logo
- white polo shirt
- grey or black trousers/skirts in winter or grey shorts in summer
- white, grey or black socks
Pupils may also wear navy or black shorts, provided that they are smart. In the summer red and white striped or checked dresses may be worn.
Long hair should be tied back with simple hair bands or ties, preferably in red, black or grey.
No clothing with logos (e.g., Nike or Adidas) is allowed.
All items with the school logo can be purchased through Tesco’s School Uniform Service. The school earns 5% of all sales which we use to extend our children’s experiences and activities.
All children must have a pair of suitable black school shoes. Trainers are NOT part of our school uniform. We also insist on the wearing of wellington boots or a change of footwear in wet weather, so that children can make use of the school grounds during playtime.
In addition to the school uniform, your child will require suitable clothing for physical education:
- indoor PE – red T-shirt and black shorts, plimsolls or trainers
- outdoor PE – red/grey sweatshirt (without a hood), black/grey tracksuit bottoms, and trainers.
All clothes should be named and kept in a bag at school to be readily available.
Children will not be allowed to participate in PE/Games without a complete change of kit.
Swimming Kit (Years 3/4/5/6)
- swimming trunks or costume
- swimming hat (available from the school for 50p)
- large towel
NB Nose clips and goggles are not permitted at Bicester Pool during school sessions as they are considered dangerous except for medical reasons. A letter from a GP is required in these circumstances.
Forest School Kit
The children need warm, waterproof clothes for outings into the forest:
- waterproof trousers and coat
- wellington boots or walking boots
- long trousers and long-sleeved tops, regardless of the weather
- if cold, a hat and gloves, thermals (optional)
- a water bottle and a mug in winter
On Forest School days, children need to bring their uniform in a separate bag.
It is an Oxfordshire County Council Health and Safety recommendation that no jewellery is allowed to be worn when participating in a PE activity at school. This applies even to the wearing of sleepers or studs in pierced ears – if children are to have their ears pierced, please ensure it is done at the beginning of the school summer holiday. We do permit and encourage the wearing of a wristwatch.